Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bath Time, Pit Row, and Captain Caveman

Bath time at the Carrier house has recently been streamlined; both big boys in the shower, both little boys in the tub. Efficiency is everything, especially when I regularly try to outdo last night’s time. Being determined to win, the Master bath transforms into pit row. And being just minutes away from “mommy and daddy” time, EVERY second counts! Scoff if you will, but its’ the little things that keep our house sane.

Last night we were firing on all cylinders until I happened to glance over my shoulder.

Since when is bathwater neon yellow?

I immediately ran through the “pit row” check list.
Did I place both little boys on the toilet?
Check -
Am I absolutely certain they both went?
Urine on the floor proves it, Check –

Not accustomed to checking the hue of bathwater, I just mess up. I’d already tossed one little boy in and he’d begun to do what little boys always do: splash, dunk, and drink. Uuuugggh!
In answering the “how”, things got even better. Having all of the likely culprits gathered, the only question I could muster was,

Whoooo in the world peeeeeed in the bathtub?
Me, Dad.
But Judah you’ve been in the shower this entire time...my wheels start turning…did you pee in the bathtub earlier today?
Nodding yes, his eyes were as big and dark as moon pies.
Are you kidding me?
Nope

Of course it was Judah. He is our Captain Cave Man. He thinks nothing of eating sales receipts, enjoying pre-chewed gum from the choicest park bench, or using the shower curtain for toilet paper - why would I not suspect him?

When questioned, he offers no explanation.

Judah, just give me something…
I just went in the tub because it was something new
Dad the toilet is to "conventional"
Try it dad, after all you can’t really miss


Though I lost the race, h
ere’s to hoping for a better night…

No comments:

Post a Comment