Friday, March 13, 2009

Becoming a People of Praise, Part 1


What are you thankful for? What specific thing has made you smile today? What has warmed your heart or energized your step?

"Shooos, Shooos." Justus, our third son, loves shoes. He is very particular about which pair he wears, always quick to fit both himself and his brothers. Compliance is demanded from each sibling - nothing else will due. What I personally enjoy is when Justus finds my shoes. He takes this opportunity very seriously, determined to walk around the entire house in size thirteens. As easily imagined, there is still plenty of room in which for him to grow.

On occasion God gives us impressions from Scripture. He gives us a truth principle into which we can grow. As with Justus, it will take some time for us to grow into the truth but we are to walk in it nonetheless. One such truth that He impressed upon me several years ago was the principle of gratitude. Through a series of events, God called me to begin cultivating the prevailing attitude of scripture - thanksgiving.

While there is much to say regarding our pursuit of praise, I'd like to begin by asking the question, "what are you thankful for?" Great detail is not necessary, you can even comment anonymously if you feel odd about posting your thoughts. But in all honesty, what comes to mind? I'm looking forward to your response.

Grace and Peace.

7 comments:

  1. I am thankful for the Carrier's! Ha. Really I am. I am also thankful that God uses sin to bring glory to His name. I am thankful He loves us unconditionally.
    Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my Jesus, my church family and my churches leaders, my family, my friends, my job, my frustrations, my lessons that God is continually teaching me for in that I KNOW that He is working in my life! Love ya brother! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for prayer, for family, for peace and contentment. I'm also thankful for Jason's blogs - Shooos (I love it!) and watching the changing of the seasons both in nature and in life.
    Love you!
    Ema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your comment box won't accommodate my list I'm afraid. But, as I ponder these things I have to say I am most thankful for God's grace. It is in His grace that He has given me all the other things for which I am so grateful. He is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jon - he also let you experience one more b-day! How many is that now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for the transforming presence of Jesus in my life...

    I am thankful for my family and that we have a home, not just a house...

    I am thankful for my health and the health of my boys and husband...

    I am thankful that my life is filled with love...

    I could go on and on, but I will stop. I do do a Thankful Thursday post on Thursdays on my blog. I really enjoy taking the time to stop and think back over my week, finding many, many things I have to give Him thanks for.

    I enjoy reading your blog and am challenged and encouraged in my faith by your posts, and by Josiah's story... I too have twin boys and heard about you through the multiples club.

    May God continue to move and work in your lives...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for Jesus. He gives me access to a Holy God. It's unfathomable.

    ReplyDelete