Thursday, April 30, 2009

Stand by Me - Roger and Friends

I've watched this video several times, each time enjoying it more than the first. It’s a remake of Ben E. King's classic Stand by Me - I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

In the near future, I'll be posting from the Wisdom literature on the idea of being powerfully present with those we love. In effect, how to be incarnational with those in crisis - how to practically and powerfully stand by people in their darkest hour.

At some point in our lives we've hurt, we've been confused, and we've needed the actual presence of God. In my life, I've felt His presence through people who’ve allowed themselves to be conduits of His grace – it is the Presence in their presence.

As you listen, think about specific people who've stood by you. The people who brought God’s actual, healing presence into your life. Offer another prayer of thanks and be mindful that we are ambassadors of the great and gracious King.

Enjoy.

(I'm sure there is a way to embed the video directly onto the blog - way out of my league at this point! If anyone cares to help, I'll gladly take it)

1 comment:

  1. Great video. I love that song and it is great how you tied it into your message.

    ReplyDelete